Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Sunday, November 09, 2008

JJ's birthday cake




8th November is a good day I think because many people has their birthdays on that date :-)

For his birthday, JJ didn't ask too much. Actually I wanted to make him a basket ball cake as he loves basket ball but he asked for chocolate devil cake. Well, as it's a request from the birthday boy, then I should do it.



I made american chocolate devil cake like what I used to make for Melisa's family. Why I said this was american chocolate devil, not just chocolate devil? I have some recipes for chocolate devil cake. The one that I call as American, the recipe is using butter cake method and as like other american recipes, this recipe has less eggs and always has an extra taste of cocoa and vanilla not like the other recipe I have which has so many egg yolks in it (about 25 egg yolks), less flour and cocoa.

For decoration I decided to use chocolate candies and red cherries and JJ is a big fan of chocolate and cherries.

Happy birthday my dear JJ!

No comments: