Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Colorful Swirl (Lollypop) for Dilla birthday cupcakes




I just love making this kind of swirl, very colorful and cheerful. In cupcakes world, they call it as lollypop swirl.

Zara, my dear colleague asked me to make a 91 cupcakes for her daughter, Dilla's, 11th birthday. Why 91? because these 91 cupcakes are devided into:

- 35 cupcakes, packed individually for Dilla's classmates
- 6 sets of 4 cupcakes for Dilla's teachers
- 2 sets of 12 cupcakes for Dilla's family and aunties



Thru this order also I've learned new technic of putting the filling, I learned it from chocklit.com kinda fun but takes time when you do for 91 cupcakes. Took about 3 hours only for doing the filling :-) I made vanilla cupcakes with blueberry filling.



After all I am satisfied with the result. This morning Zara saw the cupcakes and she was thrilled, that really made me forget about the my sleepless.

Mbak Z, thank you so much for your order and you "company" last night until 12am. My love for Dilla and O always :-)

No comments: