Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Monday, July 27, 2009

(suppose to be) Barbie Mariposa for Chacha



It was a nice surprise to receive a call from mbak Tuti Magdalena. It's been 2 years Mbak Tuti becoming Joris' Kitchen customer. After checking my posting about Barbie Mariposa for Caca, mbak Tuti ordered the similar one for her daughter that has same name as Devi's nama. Chacha...pronounce the same with Caca but different spelling.



The difference is Devi provided the butterfly wings and mbak Tuti asked me to make it from edible image. I was thinking of stereoform to form the butterfly shape but mbak Tuti prefers using chocolate. So I tried to cover the edible image with chocolate and it becomes too heavy to be put on. I was kind of mad at myself but the no time anymore to make the new wings using stereoform.



I'd like to apologize to mbak Tuti that I have dissapointed them as the barbie cake turned becoming Mariposa without wings.



Anyway, thank you very much mbak Tuti for your loyal order and as usual, mbak Tuti is a vanilla butter cake lover so the base cake for Chacha's birthday all is deep yummy vanilla butter cake. As mbak Tuti doesn't really care about fondant, for the base cake I used butter cream icing instead.