Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Monday, September 01, 2008

Train Cake for Dilon's 5th Birthday



A train cake for Dilon's 5th birthday ordered by his mom, Mona. Basic cake was 2 layers of 26 x 26cm moist chocolate sponge cake with ganache filling. And the train cake made of chocolate cake and vanilla roll cake.



There was an accident when I decorated the cake. I put the train cake directly on the top of base cake and because of the base cake was very moist and soft it's not strong enough to hold the train cake. Just in an hour after finishing the cake, it's getty messy and I needed to re-decorate the cake from the beginning. I didn't have much time left and everything was in rush.



I wasn't satisfied with the result but Mona and Dilon especially loved it.

Here the sms that I received from Mona after the birthday party.

"Baru aku mau sms Wie, kuenya lucu dan bagus dekornya, rasanya juga ok. Si Dilon jadi seneng banget he3x. Tx banget ya say, kpn2 pesan lg d :)"

(I was just about to sms you Wie, the cake is cute and nice decoration, the taste is OK also. Dilon was very excited he3X. Thank you very much, I will order again sometimes).

Thank you Mona!

No comments: