Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Brownie Cupcakes




This brownie cupcakes recipe is one of the best brownies I have ever had! The method is very simple and the taste is very rich as they combine cocoa and chocolate. I don't use the frosting...too sweet for out teeth :-)

The recipe is taken from one of my favorite websites, Martha Stewart. I decided to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for a better flavour and change the method a little bit.

What I post here is how the way I make my brownie cupcakes based on Martha Stewart recipe.




Ingredients :
6 tbs unsalted butter
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate + 3 ounces chocolate chips
3 large eggs (my eggs were pretty small so I used 4)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/8 teaspoon baking soda (I decided not to use baking soda as I don't like the taste and substitute it with 1/4 baking powder)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, (optional) - (didn't use it)
Nonstick cooking spray
Mrs. Milman's Chocolate Frosting (decided not to use the frosting)

Directions :
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and 8 ounces of chocolate. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat, and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add flour, cocoa, and baking powder . Stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract until combined. Stir in remaining 3 ounces of chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
4. Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter. Bake until a firm crust forms on the cupcakes, about 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool, about 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan, and continue to cool on a wire rack.
5. Ice cupcakes with a generous amount of chocolate frosting.

Notes :
I only fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with the batter - 3/4 is too full and in my oven it took 30 - 35 mins to get them done.

No comments: