Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Black Forest for Mas Anang



This order came from my causin, Yovie, for her brother. The process of making this cake just crazy, everything was up side down. Didn't have chance to make the cake in advance as I was tight up with another order. So I had very limited time to make the cake. Got home on Friday at 10:30pm, had a little nap until 00:00am then jumped out from the bed and started to bake 3 layers of cake and making the filling.

Glad that I have prepared the chocolate decor, simple syrup & butter cream a day before. Finished baking at 2:00am, while cooling the cake I decided to take a nap again for 2 hours. Set my alarm at 4:00am. Then jumped out again, starting assembling the cake and finally finish everything by 6:10am. Pyuuuffff....what a day!



It's an important lesson for me! Next time whatever it is, must prepare the basic cake one day or 2 day before assembling the cake, it's a must no matter what. Because it can help me to prevent the caostic. When everything in a rush then I can't be totally concentrate on the decor.

Anyway, Yovie's in law said the cake was awesome. Thank you!

No comments: