Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Monday, March 23, 2009

Corporate Cake for PT Kompak Indopola



First biggest cake I've ever made. Ordered by PT Kompak Indopola, one of the multi level marketing company in Indonesia.

I am not satisfied with the result as I the blue color still didn't match with their corporate color.



The first cake was a 60cm square dummie cake, second one also still a dummie of 40cm square. The 3rd cake on the top was made of 20cm square of lapis surabaya cake. For this small little cake I used 44 egg yolks to get the 15cm hight. For you who concern with your colesterol, lapis surabaya (surabaya layer cake) is not recommended :-)

Decorating this cake was very interesting, I have learned many things so far. Even though the result was not 100% as expected I am glad I had a guts to do it and at least in the future when I received a wedding cake order, I know how to do it :-)

No comments: