Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lapis Surabaya (Surabaya Layer Cake)


This cake is very famous and common for Indonesian as the texture is very moist, soft and the taste is yummy. But, for westerner they will need to think hundred times before consuming or making this kind of cake in their own kitchen as for one recipe you will need 32 egg yolks and 450gr butter.

It was my first time of making the real Surabaya Layer Cake. Before, I just made 3 layer of light sponge cake which contains less eggs and butter.

As customers are always number uno in any business, I must follow their demand. So, I experiment to combine 2 recipes that I've found very interesting and good to try. When the cake done, to be honest...I was amazed with the result as the cake just turned out what I expected. I haven't satisfied 100% though, I still need more advise from expertise but mostly they said for the taste my cake is good. I just need to improve the baking technic and try to use other tips given by Ci' Ine for a better baking result.

I brought some slices at work on the following day and ended up with 4 orders for this coming Friday, yeah!

Lapis Surabaya anyone??? please just give me a call or email me :-)