Welcome to Joris' Kitchen
Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.
You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.
To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at email@example.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.
Have a good day,
- Dewi -
Monday, April 13, 2009
Finally, I got a chance to try on Red Velvet Cupcake.
It was Melisa, one of my loyal customer whom I successfully encouraged her to try Red Velvet Cupcakes. It's my first time making red velvet cupcakes too and I was happy that the result turned out great.
I can't exactly remember where the recipe come from as I got it from my print out recipe file and there was no resources written. But I'm pretty much sure it's taken from Joy of Baking's website.
Here is the recipe :
Red Velvet Cupcakeby Joy of Baking, modification by Joris Kitchen
3 3/4 cups cake flour
1/2 cups cocoa
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups butter milk
3/4 cups butter
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 tsp vinegar
1 tbs no taste- red food coloring
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Sift together cake flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, set aside
3. In a medium bowl mix together butter milk, vinegar, vanilla and red food coloring
4. In an electric mixer mix together sugar and butter until cream, add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition
5. Beat in flour in 4 addition and butter milk mixture in 3 addition beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
6. Fill in the batter in to muffin or cupcakes liner and bake for about 20-30 minutes or when you insert the tooth pick in the center, it comes out clean.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
250 gr cream cheese
1/4 cups butter
3 cups confectioner sugar, sift well
2 tsp vanilla
Mix cream cheese and butter until creamy, add the sugar and vanila, mix well and the delicious frosting is ready to use :-)