80 gr margarine
40 gr butter
200 gr castor sugar
175 gr flour
25 gr maizena
3 egg yolks
2 white eggs
150 ml buttermilk or you may substitute with plain yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp mocca pasta (I used Toeffico)
1/2 tsb baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 12 cup muffins pans with mini paper liners.
2. Sift together the flour, maizena, and baking powder.
3. In a large mixing bowl cream margarine, butter, vanilla powder and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk/plain yogurt, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Beat well after each addition.
5. Divided batter evently among the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full add some slice of almonds on the top.
6. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center of a cupcake come out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.