Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Monday, April 14, 2008

Juan & Kelly Birthday Cake

One day, after I posted barbie cake I made for Ruth, some one from New Zealand emailed me saying that she wanted me to make the same barbie cake for her niece in Jakarta. Later on, Nina ordered 2 birthday cakes for Juan and Kelly, her nephew and niece whose birthday is today, April 14th.





Juan's birthday cake












24cm square of chocolate devil cake decorated whipped cream and chocolate ganache. Theme : Juan & Naruto.










It's pretty tricky using whipped cream for decoration. I even forgot to cover the edible image with white chocolate to make it able to store in the refrigerator. So after finishing the decoration for Juan's birthday cake, I keep Juan's cake in my kids' bedroom which is airconditioned to keep the whipped cream stable and not melted because of the high humidity.



Kelly's birthday cake









A barbie cake with color theme pink and white. I couldn't make exactly the same barbie cake as I made for Ruth. I didn't know why...I just couldn't....I decided to change some designs and did a different hair do also for the barbie. I hope Nina won't mind with it.










My biggest mistake was I didn't realized that the cake plate I bought was too small to put the barbie cake together with Kelly's cup cakes. So on delivery I put a note that actually the cup cakes go together with the barbie cake on display.







Nina, thank you very much for your believe in me...I hope those birthday cakes will brighten Juan & Kelly's day.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waw....fantastic barbie cake....
someday maybe i need assistancy when decorating a barbie cake.

would you please help me? thanks alot