Welcome to Joris' Kitchen

Welcome to my warm kitchen, a kitchen thas has built with love, passion and smile and where baking is not just a baking.

You are free to look around and I would be more than happy if you could drop notes or comments here.

To check the price list for 2012, please click here, for wedding cake and cupcakes, and more questions regarding the products and prices, do not hesitate to contact me thru email at joriskitchen@gmail.com or text/call me at 0838 9464 3888.



Have a good day,

- Dewi -

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Chocolate-Filled Cupcakes


I am glad when I found this recipe from here, thanks a lot Martha! As I have so many egg whites in refrige, I found this recipe is very useful.


Wednesday night after work, I baked 2 recipes and I brought them to our church picnic on the next day at Mekarsari. People loved the cup cakes they were surprised knowing that the cupcakes only made of egg whites and no egg yolk at all.


So for you who have many egg whites left over, this recipe can be another good alternative.


Ingredients :
Makes 1 dozen

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (I only used 1 cup)
6 large egg whites (equal to
3/4 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 vanilla beans, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved, beans discarded (I didn't use it as I don't have it at home)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into 12 2-inch chunks
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, for dusting


Directions :


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. Put butter and granulated sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg whites, milk, vanilla extract, and vanilla seeds; mix until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix until just combined.


Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Insert a piece of chocolate into center of each, pressing about halfway into batter to cover. Bake until pale golden brown, about 24 minutes. Transfer tin to a wire rack; let cool slightly. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving. Cupcakes can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.

No comments: